Sun, 08 May 2005
Some things I noticed while perusing through the 4 page list of constituency results in yesterday's Guardian.
- The lowest turnout was in Nottingham East with 39.73% of the electorate bothering to vote.
- Catherine Taylor-Dawson of the Vote for yourself rainbow dream ticket polled only a single vote in Cardiff North.
- Weirdly, and surely illegally, she also stood in the other 3 Cardiff constituencies: Cardiff Central, Cardiff South and Penrith, and Cardiff West.
- Her fellow VFYRDT member, Rainbow George Weiss, also stood in multiple constituencies: Brent East, Brent North, Brent South, Finchley and Golders Green, Kingston and Surbiton, Richmond Park, Holborn and St Pancras, Hendon, Chipping Barnet, Sutton and Cheam, Twickenham, Hampstead and Highgate, and Wimbledon.
- With 5 votes Martin Kylsun, standing as an independent in Derbyshire West, was the only other person voted for by fewer than the 10 people whose signatures you require to stand (at least I think it's 10).
- Disappointingly the Elvis party had only one candidate: David Bishop in Erewash who attracted 116 votes.
- Improbable names for non Monster Raving Loony Party candidates: Generoso Alcantara (Veritas - West Ham), Nikolai Tolstoy-Miloslavsky (UKIP - Wantage) and David Cassidy (Veritas - Sittingbourne and Sheppy).
posted at: 14:26 #